Friday, November 15, 2013

Randy de Puniet Fully Testing For Suzuki On 2014



The outcome of the PBM/Aprilia negotiations is still unknown, but Randy de Puniet has decided that he will not race in MotoGP next season and instead concentrate fully on testing for Suzuki.

de Puniet, a MotoGP rider since 2006, combined Suzuki development work with racing for Aspar Aprilia this season - then tested the 2014 ART at PBM earlier this week (pictured).

However the Frenchman has ruled himself out of a race seat. “As you guys have been able to read in the last few days, I won't be riding in GP in 2014,” de Puniet wrote on his Facebook page. “I decided to concentrate on developing the Suzuki MotoGP bike instead.

“I'm really happy with this choice for many reasons. The main one being: to be able to ride an official bike and work with a technical staff of a very high level. “Don't think that it'll be a year on holidays, very much the opposite and I'm hoping for a few surprises!



“My sole objective is to do my best work possible to be able to return to MotoGP in 2015 with this team. I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the years.” While Suzuki's 2015 MotoGP return is confirmed, the factory is yet to announce any race riders or if it will make any wild-card entries next year.

A five-time 250GP race winner, de Puniet has claimed a MotoGP podium finish with Kawasaki (2007) and LCR Honda (2009).

crash.net

0 komentar:

Post a Comment